Foraging Tours, Walks, Classes, and Groups (Updated for 2020)
The list below has been curated to include only those groups and foragers that schedule regular events and are currently active. Please email us about any broken links or incorrect links so we can keep the list updated. If you offer classes or scheduled foraging events feel free to contact us about being added to the list.- email@example.com
1. Ellen Zachos (The Backyard Forager)
Ellen Zachos (The Backyard Forager) offers wild edible plant walks and private wild foods cooking classes in the Santa Fe area. Due to Covid-19, regularly-scheduled, group classes have been postponed, but private classes and walks are still being offered. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details and scheduling.
- More information: https://www.backyardforager.com/scheduled-events/
- Contact: email@example.com
2. Albuquerque Herbalism
Albuquerque Herbalism focuses on bioregional herbalism and medicinal plants. Located in Albuquerque, New Mexico’s largest city. Offers herb classes.
- More information: https://albuquerqueherbalism.com/about/
- For inquiries: Click here.
- Events Schedule: https://albuquerqueherbalism.com/free-community-classes-events/
3. Dryland Wilds
Dryland Wilds does foraging. They foraged native and invasive plants. Located in Vallecitos, a community in Rio Arriba County, New Mexico. Offers workshops on sustainable wildcrafting, desert perfume making, handcraft botanical soaps, and more.
- More information: https://www.drylandwilds.com/about
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Schedule: https://www.drylandwilds.com/wild-workshops
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/Dryland-Wilds-1208362802529941/
4. New Mexico Mycological Society
New Mexico Mycological Society is a club dedicated to learning about wild mushrooms and fungi. Located in Placitas, a census-designated place in Sandoval County, New Mexico. Conduct forays and meetings.
- More information: https://nmms.wildapricot.org/About_Us
- For inquiries: Click here.
- Events Schedule: https://nmms.wildapricot.org/Meetings
- Social Media: https://www.facebook.com/nmmyco/
5. Return to Nature
Dan Farella’s mission is to teach people about nature’s diversity- wild plants, mushrooms, and medicinal herbs. He and his friends conducted their activities in various places, such as Pennsylvania, New York State, California, Delaware, New Jersey, New Mexico and many more. Return to Nature offers classes, workshops and educate people about wild plants and mushroom foraging, herbalism, survival skills, and theories which revolves around nature.
- More information: http://returntonature.us/about-3/
- Contact: email@example.com
- Events Schedule: http://returntonature.us/events/
Many of our readers find that subscribing to Eat The Planet is the best way to make sure they don't miss any of our valuable information about wild edibles.